Wednesday, February 25, 2015

In the mail today...

When I filed out taxes I knew exactly where our return would go.  I carefully allotted portions to pay down debts and pay bills, ordered a table for Maggie's therapy because she's completely destroyed the current school table, and then I turned my attention to convincing Paul that we should form our own little in house book club and read a book that I've wanted to read for years, together.  And then, after he agreed, I put in my order.

It arrived today: 


And so I've been sitting here trying to think about writing when all I can really think about is this book next to me and while I know I should be going to bed, or writing, or helping Paul assemble the ridiculously hard to assemble table that also arrived tonight, but all I really want to do is dive into reading Kristin Lavransdatter.

11 comments:

  1. Love, Love, LOVE this book! I just finished this in January. (It was my 2nd time, the 1st time being about 5 years ago.) Well worth the time, I hope you enjoy it!
    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm going to if the first chapter is any indicator!

      Delete
  2. That is one of my favorite books! The library where we lived 20 years ago was closing and the librarian said I would not regret buying that book. She was right. Have fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is by far one of my favorite series! I love Sigrid Undset and have read almost everything she has written! She spent a lot of time researching for historical accuracy, and as a catholic, I found much of the medieval Church information incredibly interesting. Plus, I just loved Kirsten's strength as a female character! You'll have to let us know what you think when you are finished reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely hoping to write a little bit about it when I'm done!

      Delete
  4. I have been reading for months but never posted a comment until today: OMG I LOVE the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy! Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savour it! There's nothing like the first read, but then I read it every five years or so, and my impressions are profoundly different each time. Just looking at that cover makes my heart race a little...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved hearing about how many people have read it multiple times and loved it! I don't think I've ever seen a book where I've heard that from so many people until now.

      Delete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!