Saturday, September 26, 2015

#StandforLife on Social Media this Tuesday

Have you heard that Planned Parenthood supporters are planning on flooding social media with #StandwithPP on the 29th of this month.  After hearing several people express interest in coming up with an alternative for anyone who wants to show that you don't support the abortion giant, I decided to come up with a few overlays along with a hashtag that I've seen being used recently that seemed like a good fit.  

An hour later I have these examples of possible profile pictures:





And here are the three overlays that I created to make them:





If you'd like to make your own overlay it's pretty easy and with PicMonkey you can create your own #StandforLife in just a few minutes.  

First save one of the plain pink #StandforLife pictures above (on my computer this is done by clicking on the image and then right clicking on the image once it comes up and selecting "Save Image."  After that on the PicMonkey website open the pink picture you've chosenin the "Edit" option that comes up when you open the PicMonkey website.  

It should come up in the window looking something like this:


Now find the Textures button on the left hand side of the screen:


At the top of the choices you will now have is a button that says "Your Own."  Click on that.


Now select "Open my texture."  This will bring up a list of your files and you can select your profile picture:


This should bring your picture up, overlayed with the pink picture.

Next I made sure the Blend Mode was set to Multiply, because that seemed to work best with the white letters and pink background:


That gave me this:


And after that you just have to save your profile picture and upload it to the social media sites of your choice.


And that is how you make a #StandforLife profile picture.  


1 comment:

  1. I did not know this, thank you for sharing! PP couldn't get away with this crap if they did it to DOGS but they do it to BABIES and Americans stand up to defend them : (

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I read every single comment that comes in (and I try to respond when the little ones aren't distracting me to the point that it's impossible!). Please show kindness to each other and our family in the comment box. After all, we're all real people on the other side of the screen!